Residential AC Information
Different Types of Air Conditioning Systems
- Zoned HVAC Allow you to control the temperature in every room for optimal comfort
- Are compatible with supplemental HVAC sources
- Help save on energy costs
- Geothermal heat pumps are efficient, long-lasting, relatively silent, and need little maintenance
- Come with a high upfront cost but make an excellent investment when it comes to saving energy
- A geothermal air conditioning system installation depends on various factors like the size of your home, the landscape, your subsoil, and ground temperature.
- Features multiple small units for heating and cooling separate zones
- A good choice for homes where distribution ductwork is not a viable and practical option
- Mini-splits are compact in size and highly efficient for conditioning individual rooms
- These units offer complete flexibility and optimal comfort
- Reduce utility costs
- Radiant systems are an ideal solution for homes with small cooling needs
- These systems employ floor tubing and are appropriate for installation only in dry climates
- Offer natural cooling and constantly circulate fresh air in the house
- Perfect for places with a hot and dry climate
- Cost half the price of a central air conditioner and use one-quarter of the energy.
Components of Air Conditioning Systems
Air ducts form a critical component of your HVAC system as they run throughout the living space to offer uniform heating and cooling. Poorly installed air ducts can bring down the efficiency of your system and boost your energy bills. We can help you determine the right configuration that is best for your house.
Air Conditioner Compressors
The compressor’s function is to constrict the refrigerant and raise the temperature till it turns into a high-pressure gas which heads to the evaporator coil where the cooling process takes place. It is a separate unit that is located outside the house and is mainly responsible for cooling your home.
It is the evaporator coils that extract the heat and lower the temperature throughout your home by allowing the cool liquid to evaporate. It is important to clean the evaporator coils periodically and change the filter frequently if you want your HVAC system working efficiently.
This is the actual remote control of your air conditioning system and is available in two variants:
A digital thermostat is accurate, efficient and can be programmed to run and shut down according to your convenience. This allows you to customize and control your system and lowers your energy consumption.
This is the traditional variant that employs metallic coils and mercury tubing to signal the system to turn on or shut down.
This is the indoor unit that circulates cool air throughout your home by means of a blower. It contains filter racks that connect to the air ducts for uniform distribution. A standalone air handler blows cool air or hot air from your air conditioning system. For an efficiently working air conditioner, it is important that you have it maintained by a professional and avoid potential repairs and replacements.
Benefits of Installing Air Conditioning Systems
- Increased work efficiency
The working capacity of human beings reduces drastically under high temperatures due to discomfort and irritation. An unfavorable atmosphere blocks the mind and makes it difficult to concentrate. This leads to stress and fatigue which interfere with the performance. Research suggests that an air conditioned environment eliminates all these problems promotes efficiency and increases productivity.
- Promotes health
It creates a healthy environment and keeps you protected from the allergies, respiratory infections, asthma, and other illnesses that accompany seasonal changes.
- Keeps the air fresh
An air conditioner circulates clean filtered air that is free from dust particles and disease-causing bacteria.
- Keeps sleep disorders away
Sleep deprivation has serious health implications that lead to physical and mental fatigue, stress, and restlessness. Lack of adequate sleep due to a hot, stuffy environment interferes with your ability to focus and adversely impacts your immune system. Investing in an efficient air conditioning system will eliminate all these problems and leave you feeling energetic, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
- Offers a comfortable surrounding
Today’s on-the-go lifestyle is fraught with difficulties and challenges on every front, so it is important to make our surroundings as comfortable as possible. Air conditioners have come a long way from a luxury to a necessity and today they form an important aspect of our lifestyle just like laptops and smartphones.
At Kingdom Air, we provide both, offering one time repairs for normal wear and tear or emergencies, and by offering a year round maintenance service.
Let us help you with your Air Conditioner needs.
Call Kingdom Air today at (812)-486-3840 to schedule an appointment or service call.